Kelfield Village Institute (KVI) Conditions For Hire
The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that the conditions detailed below are complied with.
- Any activities carried out during the hire period are lawful.
- The behavior of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity cause no public disorder/offence.
- There is proper supervision of car parking arrangements AND ENSURING THAT THE GARAGE and RIGHT OF WAY access to field is clear at all times.
Any damage to fabric, fixtures, fittings and contents and for the loss of contents of the building, however slight will be charged at the discretion of the KVI Committee.
If access is required for wheelchairs a ramp can be made available. Hirers will be responsible for laying out and putting away of the ramp. The Committee is currently in the process of raising funds to improve disable access to the accommodation.
Cleaning and common sense
The KVI pays for a cleaning service to maintain a reasonable standard.
- If your activities/group have resulted in muddy floor it is your responsibility to leave it in a clean condition.**
- Kitchen appliance and equipment must also be left clean, tidy and ready for next user.
- Although there are tea towels and table cloths for use it is USERS RESPONSIBILITY TO LAUNDER ANY USED ITEMS AND RETURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- No responsibility will be taken for such personal items left for ‘somebody to wash’. Should they fester then they will be disposed off.
- Bin bags are supplied please make sure that you put one in the rubbish bins before throwing rubbish away.
- Food items and other rubbish encourage vermin so bag it and bin it in the outside bin.
- After large gatherings (parties etc) please take excess rubbish home.
Gaming, betting and lotteries
The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
All “professional” hirers of the hall must have public liability insurance of at least £2million. Generally this applies to any hirer carrying out an activity for profit or charging a fee. It does not apply to persons hiring the hall for a private party (and not charging for attendance). Guidance on requirements will be given upon request.
Where relevant the hirer will be requested to provide a photocopy of the policy document.
Health and Safety
- Familiarise yourself with the fire safety rules and building layout pinned to the TWO notice boards
- Fire exit is through main hall and kitchen doors
- The kitchen door key is left in the lock permanently and must not be removed.
- At the start of activities/occupation the kitchen door is unlocked for safety. Please ensure it is locked again at the end of the session
- Heating is by oil and you will be shown how to switch on/off.
- There is hook on the main door to hold it open during activities if required. Do not use the fire extinguishers to hold doors open.
- Children are not allowed in the kitchen and safety gate should be used.
Any injury must be reported in the Accident Book found with the First Aid Box in the kitchen
The First Aid box is supplied with simple first aid products only. Please report usage so these may be restocked.
Electrical Appliance Safety
The Institute follows national guidelines for safety of electrical appliances provided within the building. If any damage occurs to any electrical equipment please report this.
The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliance brought by them to the premises and used there shall be safe (PAT tested) and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
Hirers must not bring in any paraffin, portable electric, gas heaters or containers into the hall.
There is a right of way running down from the road to the PRIVATE garage and field. All persons hiring and using the facilities must ensure that their Guests do not obstruct the garage or field gateway.
Please see separate schedule of hire charges.
Cancelation of booking
The KVI reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of:
- The premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election.
- The premises become unfit for the use intended by the Hirer
- In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid, but the KVI shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
- The hirer has not put appropriate public liability insurance in place.
The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure, particularly late at night and early in the morning.
THE KVI accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises, and all liability for loss or damage is responsibility of the owner. All equipment and other property (other than approved stored equipment) must be removed at the end of each hiring or by agreement with booking secretary.
Equipment for hire
Some equipment (table tennis/bingo machine etc) is available with hall hire. Please check with Booking Secretary.
**If the KVI is left in a dirty condition the Committee will make an additional charge for cleaning.
Updated and approved: 17 March 2015